Tuesday, March 4, 2008

The love for College Football: Part 2 of 5

100. I love the energy in the last two minutes of a game
99. I love the fact that 3/4s of people watching think they should be playing/coaching
98. I love the mascots, except for that flying eagle
97. I love the option
96. I love watching Hawaii win 66-63 while barely being able to stand in the bar at 1 AM
95. I love the Sunday newspaper
94. I love the prick attire at SEC games

93. I love the hook em horns
92. I love the three times I have broken up with my girl friend at a game
91. I love the obnoxious
90. I love the downed punt inside the five
89. I love the feel of my teeth chewing on a stadium cup in the fourth
88. I love the tape on the players (especially the black tape)
87. I love the friendly high fives
86. I love the boos of the fans
85. I love the JP 11:30 kickoff (It’s still JP to me)
84. I love the Sunday hangover, from too much football
83. I love the attractive second string quarterback (What?)
82. I love the classy celebrations
81. I love the Cal/Tenn, Ark/Usc, Notre Dame/Georgia Tech matchups
80. I love the running out of the clock............................
79. I love seeing RVs getting in town Wednesdays before a Saturday kickoff
78. I love knowing that on any given day #1 could go down
77. I love hitting that three game parlay early and doubling up on an afternoon game
76. I love the replays of games when Keith Jackson was announcing




3 comments:

Ron Santana said...

There is nothing better than watching your boys line up in "Victory" formation with 56 seconds remaining against a timeout-less defense for two consecutive kneels as the clock and game ends.

Victory formation !!!

Donny Cash said...

I have always said this........the only person that I would want to hear in my ear before I went to sleep everynight would be Keith Jackson. I get chills even hearing his name.

Anonymous said...

Fuck, I love and still wear prick wear to every SEC contest, and Im 35. Nothing like pouring hot bourbon drinks over new boys while demanding more mustard on my dog. My favorite is when Im dog cussing a paraplegic wearing burnt orange on the way out of the student session telling him "I guess your dead legs couldn't cut it today in our house, drive home safely." Goddamn I live for Saturdays